My goal is to empower you to have more access to calm, confidence, courage, clarity, and connection. I use Internal Family Systems (IFS). IFS is an evidence-based mode of counseling that has been proven to heal many forms of psychological suffering (🤪 and 😬 → 😇).
IFS is a full range modality. Most psychotherapy aims to help people get from ‘bad’ to ‘so-so,’ or from ‘so-so’ to ‘good’. IFS can also help people get from ‘good’ to ‘great’. IFS is a trauma-informed model.
Areas of Expertise #
- Emotional & relationship issues ❤️
- I use Internal Family Systems! IFS is similar to other modes of psychotherapy, addressing many of the same conditions.
- I provide counseling under ORS 675.825(4)(a), which allows alternative counselors to practice legally in Oregon without a license.1
- Psychedelic prep & integration 🍄/🐸
- Prepare to take your first psychedelic journey safely
- Understand and integrate your psychedelic journey(s)
- I do not prescribe, procure, or administer substances.
- Expecting your first child?2 🚼
- Ready for a new full-time job without sleep? Learn the mental health tools you need before the proverbial shit hits the fan. 💩
- If you put more skill and effort into the first three years, you and your child will reap a lifetime of benefits.
- Lifestyle, nutrition, & physical health 🥗
- I have studied nutrition for many years and am trained to evaluate statistical evidence.
- I am not a licensed dietician.3
- I am not a medical doctor.
Professional Background #
- IFIO Basic Training (IFS Level 2) completed Jun 2023. IFS Level 1 completed Nov 2022. IFS Continuity Program subscriber since Sep 2022. Working toward IFS Certification. 🏫
- Practicing meditation for more than 30 years.4 🧘🏻♂️ Can provide cult recovery support.
- Ph.D. Quantitative Psychology in 2016 from University of Virginia. See NCBI for publications. 🎓
- Evaluator-participant in 16-hour MAPS psychedelic education course.
- Since I am not licensed1 in Oregon, I cannot describe myself as a psychotherapist. ORS 675.020
Silly Photos #
I do maintain an Association for Coaching membership. A complaint process is available. ↩︎ ↩︎
Hat tip to Moms on Mushrooms! ↩︎
Is it probably a good thing that I am not a licensed dietician given The corporate capture of the nutrition profession in the USA: the case of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (2022). ↩︎
Check out my 2023 article on meditation published in the IFS magazine PARTS & SELF! ↩︎